Vegan/ Gluten Free / Dairy Free
No Added Sugar
100% Pure Lemon Myrtle-Nothing Added
100% Australian Grown/ wild harvested, manufactured and owned
Our Lemon Myrtle is grown using organic practices in WA which is free from myrtle rust. It is dried in WA and ground and packed by us on site here at Humpty Doo, NT. We pack the Lemon Myrtle in biodegradable packs. Sometimes, if the citral oil content is particularly high, we may need to pack the Lemon Myrtle in a foil lined pack. We also grow our own Lemon Myrtle here in Humpty Doo and process and pack it here. Occasionally if WA has a shortage of supply and we can’t grow enough, we may order from East Coast growers.
Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. It is a source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, lutein, is rich in phenolic compounds (88.1mg per gallic acid equivalent) and is a great source of calcium.
*Always consult your health or medical practitioner before trying new foods.
Lemon Myrtle can be used in any dish where you would use lemon! It can be used in curries, cakes, syrups, ice-creams, sorbets, dressings, sauces and it is great with chicken and fish. It also makes a great tea or water infusion.
- Blend into your smoothies and smoothie bowls
- Blend with your protein balls and bliss balls
- Sprinkle on cereals and salads
- Add to smoothie bowls, chia pudding and yoghurt for an extra burst of nutrition
- Use as a tea or infuse into your water- add some honey to sweeten for a soothing drink (warm or cold) when you have a cold or flu
- Add to your favourite juice
- Bake in muffins, cakes, biscuits. Try some of the great recipes on our website